Try these delicious, grain free meals to break the fast
1. Almond Flour Banana Bread – Replacing traditional flour with almond meal allows you to create delicious, grain-free banana bread that is moist and nourishing. Load it with warming spices like cinnamon and nutmeg.
2. Scrambled Eggs with Greens – Ready to go in minutes! Simply whisk the eggs and scramble in coconut oil or ghee. Serve on top of fresh baby spinach or sautéed kale, with half an avocado, fresh herbs and a tablespoon of flaxseeds. Season with lemon juice, Himalayan salt and pepper.
3. Savoury Grain-Free Muffins – There are so many options available for savoury muffins made with nut meals and eggs as the base, then loaded with your favourite ingredients. Zucchini, broccoli and ham is a FIT favourite combination!
4. Paleo Porridge – Make a delicious grain-free porridge substitute from shredded coconut and almond flour cooked in nut milk. Stir through roughly cut nuts, any of your favourite superfoods (think goji berries!) and top with berries and cinnamon.
5. Chia Seed Pudding – Soak your chia seeds in your favourite nut or coconut milk until a thick, gelatinous pudding consistency develops (generally a 1:4 chia and liquid ratio). Sweeten with a touch of raw honey or maple syrup and sprinkle with your favourite breakfast toppings.
6. Bacon & Broccoli Omelet – The name of this one speaks for itself. Yum!
7. Sweet Potato Coconut Mousse – Combine skinned and boiled sweet potato with coconut cream in the blender until smooth and thick. Sweeten as desired and top with shredded coconut, nuts, seeds and cinnamon. Can be enjoyed hot or cold.
8. Nut and Seed Granola - Purchase one of the many paleo friendly granolas from the local health food store or make your own. Serve with nut milk and berries.
9. Paleo Bread with Poached Egg & Fermented Vegetables – Poach an egg or two, toast some grain-free bread (bought or homemade) and serve with a side of sauerkraut. Viola!
10. Avocado Smoothie – Make a delicious and nourishing paleo friendly smoothie based on avocado. Combine with coconut water, coconut flesh, coconut oil, cinnamon and natural sweetener to taste. If you use grain free protein powders, you can add a scoop to make it even more filling.